From Ben Gurion Airport to Tel Aviv – Yafo
Getting to and from Ben Gurion Airport is generally an easy task with many options available including the train, shuttles, taxis, and car rental:
- Shuttle Transfers: Tel Aviv Airport Shuttles run from the airport to Tel Aviv for $17 (65 NIS) each way. Shuttles run on an hourly timetable so travelers are able to choose a pickup time associated with their arrival time, meaning less wait time at the airport. The vehicles are all modern with well trained tourist-friendly drivers, and drop off at all hotels in the city center of Tel Aviv so you’ll transfer right to the city center. More information can be found at flo Shuttle including online booking.
- Taxi: Taxis to Ben Gurion Airport can be ordered from any taxi service in the country, while from the airport, taxis should be collected from outside the Arrivals hall where a dispatcher is on hand. Fares from the airport are legally fixed and fall into two categories depending on time of day. Drivers can also charge for luggage.
- Train: The train station is located in terminal 3, the international terminal. If traveling to Tel Aviv, the train from Ben Gurion Airport to Tel Aviv usually appears to be the cheapest way to the city, however, from the station in Tel Aviv you invariably require a taxi or bus as the stations are on the edge of the city which can boost travel time and cost (The Tel Aviv University station is a 5 minute drive from the actual university)
- Renting a Car: All of Israel’s major car rental companies are located on the airport site. They have reservation desks above the arrivals hall, and the cars are kept a bus-ride away.
There are hundreds of hotels and vacation-apartment rentals available around the city of Tel Aviv. The following are hotels and university dormitory options the university has a discounted price with and are recommended. For additional information email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Broshim Dormitories
- Leonardo Beach Hotel
- Maxim Hotel
- Art+ Hotel
- Center Hotel
- Cinema Hotel
- Grand Beach Hotel
Transport to Tel Aviv University
- Buses: The campus is served by numerous bus routes, listed below according to the two main bus companies, Egged and Dan.
- Train: The University Railway Station is within walking distance from campus (on its southeast flank), or you can catch Dan routes 7, 45 and 127 to the station. Click here for a detailed train schedule.
- Taxis: Taxis are available throughout the city. You may find one on the street, or use an app (Gettaxi, Uber, or Rider). Prices vary. If you choose to take a taxi please ask to be dropped-off at gates 4 or 5 of the University which are closest to the Naftaly building.
- By Car:
- From Ayalon North (Highway 20): exit at Rokah Interchange, turn right to Yerukham Meshel Street (next to the Tel Aviv University train station), at the first roundabout continue straight to Dr. George Wise Street (gate 14, Engineering), at the next roundabout continue straight to Klausner Street (gate 2, Life Sciences and Medicine).
- From Ayalon South (Highway 20): exit at Rokah Interchange, to Yerukham Meshel Street (next to the Tel Aviv University train station), at the first roundabout continue straight to Dr. George Wise Street (gate 14, Engineering), at the next roundabout continue straight to Klausner Street (gate 2, Life Sciences and Medicine).
- From Namir Road, north: turn left to Einstein Boulevard, turn right to Haim Levanon Street (gate 20, main entrance), turn left to Dr. George Wise Street (gate 4, Smolarz Auditorium).
- From Namir Road, south: turn right to Einstein Boulevard, turn right to Haim Levanon Street (gate 20, main entrance), turn left to Dr. George Wise Street (gate 4, Smolarz Auditorium).